Speech Language Pathology
At Rehab Without Walls® we believe speech therapy
is an essential part of your recovery.
We offer an evidence-based, person-centered, meaningful approach to meet our individual’s communication and life goals. We work with individuals, their families, and their support teams to help them re-learn the skills needed to succeed in daily life.
Our strategies include, but are not limited to:
- Swallowing rehabilitation programs
- Cognitive communication treatment
- Social communication strategies
- Dual task training
- Compensatory strategy training
- Drills and practice training
- Learning strategies to help problem-solving, reasoning, and organizational skills
Our Speech Language Pathologists (SLP) have the skills to assist individuals and their support teams improve their quality of life, increase their independence, improve their self-esteem, and better communicate their thoughts, feelings, and ideas.
Common diagnoses treated include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Cerebral vascular accident
- Right hemisphere brain injury
- Augmentative communication
- Cerebral vascular accident / Stroke