At Rehab Without Walls® our Recreational therapists are nationally certified as Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists (CTRS) and have experience working with neuro-based injuries.
With our program, we utilize recreation and other activity-based interventions to address an individual’s specific needs.
Our recreational therapists specialize in:
- Adaptive sports
- Leisure modification/adaptation
- Community resource utilization
- Behavior management
- Aquatic therapy
We believe our recreational therapy program is unique and beneficial to our individuals for several reasons, including:
- A strong emphasis on the individual’s interests to create and obtain objectives.
- Active community involvement.
- Creative adaptations of activities.
- We address social, cognitive, physical and leisure needs of the individual.
- Can guide the trans-disciplinary team in person-centered and community-based rehab.
- We provide effective transition plans utilizing community resources and natural support to continue an active lifestyle post discharge.