Return to School (RTS)
Return-to-School Program (RTS)
At Rehab Without Walls® we recognize that handling a complex medical situation at home can be overwhelming. That’s why our Return-to-School Program is designed to work closely with your family, providing one-to-one support to minimize fears and maximize your active participation in the care process.
Our dedicated team conducts a thorough assessment of your home to ensure a safe environment. We go beyond that – we empower your family members with essential care techniques, involve you in decision-making and treatment planning, offer counseling and support, and assist everyone in the household in adjusting to the changes resulting from your child’s illness or injury.
Return-to-School Services Include:
- Treatment in a comfortable and familiar environment
- Clinicians with experience and training in pediatrics
- Inclusive, family-centered education and support
- Partnerships with schools for reintegration and re-entry
Common diagnoses treated include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spinal Cord Injury (all levels of injury, complete/incomplete injuries, all causes)
- Cerebrovascular Accidents (CVA)
- Neuromuscular Disorders (e.g., Muscular Dystrophy, ALS, Guillain-Barre´)
- Encephalitis Progressive Neurological Diseases (e.g., Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis)
- Meningitis Complex Orthopedic Cases
- Post-Concussive Syndrome Tumors & other pediatric cancers
- Anoxia/Hypoxia Other complex and comprehensive rehabilitation cases
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental Disorders
- Complex Orthopedic Cases
Back to School Support
We believe that a timely return to school is crucial for your child’s overall well-being. Studies have consistently shown that the earlier a child goes back to school, the smoother the transition becomes. That’s why, right from the beginning of the treatment, the Rehab Without Walls team collaborates with schools to lay the groundwork for a successful re-entry.
Our school-focused efforts include planning for transportation, making necessary modifications and providing adaptive equipment, coordinating special education, facilitating testing, organizing teacher conferences, and working on class scheduling, among other aspects. We understand the importance of a seamless return to the academic environment, and we’re here to support you every step of the way.