Specialized Facilities that Balance High-Quality
Neuro Rehabilitation and Homelike Comfort
After a neurological injury or diagnosis, some individuals may require more supervision or physical care than can be provided at home. To help in these situations, Rehab Without Walls® provides two types of residential care.
- Transitional care – Individuals receive intensive neuro therapy plus 24-hour-a-day supervision.
- Supported living – Residents receive day-to-day support for activities such as personal care and taking medications.
With both programs, our priorities include providing for the comfort, health, and safety of the individual while supporting their return to the highest level of independence. We want our residential facilities to feel like home, both for individuals staying with us and for family members who visit. At the same time, we want everyone to receive high-quality support and rehabilitation from people who understand the complexities of neurological conditions.
Transitional care with neuro therapy
Transitional care allows for a smoother and safer transition from hospital to home. It is especially suited for individuals who are in one or more of these situations:
- They require high-intensity rehabilitation, 5-8 hours a day.
- They engage in behaviors that can’t be safely managed in the home.
- They live in an area where specialized neuro rehab services aren’t available.
- Their family is unable to provide the level of care and supervision needed – for example, if the spouse needs to work.
- They don’t have family nearby to assist with care in the home.
- They would need to modify their home to make it safe and functional.
Just like with our home and community program, we develop a customized neuro therapy program that incorporates the individual’s goals and interests. Depending on their specific abilities, therapy may start in a clinic setting (such as a fully equipped therapy gym or private treatment spaces). However, as the individual progresses, they may transition to real-life settings such as local parks and grocery stores.
Our neuro rehab plan consists of:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech-language therapy
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Therapeutic recreation
- Community reintegration
- Case Management
After a full day of therapy, individuals receive care in the residence from specially trained staff. One-to-one supervision is available when required for the safety of the individual. Transitional care is covered by some commercial health insurance and workers’ compensation plans.
Our Supported Living provides long-term support for individuals who are unable to live independently and are unlikely to do so in the future. It is specifically suited for those in these situations:
- Require assistance with day-to-day activities due to cognitive and/or physical disabilities.
- The patient’s family is unable to provide the level of care needed.
All our Rehab Without Walls® residential locations offer supported living. Generally, this program does not include intensive neurorehab services like speech therapy and physical therapy, but rather focuses on helping individuals achieve a higher quality of life.
Our skilled team provides the following support
- Ensure proper nutrition and medication administration
- Assistance with life skills such as managing finances
- Promote participation in educational, social, vocational and recreational activities
Supported living is covered by some workers’ compensation plans. Some of our residential locations also accept Medicaid and other state funding.