Post COVID Rehabilitation
Our Post-COVID/PICS Program is a coordinated interdisciplinary approach developed to care for individuals following a critical illness, like COVID-19.
This program is designed for individuals who have spent significant time in an acute setting with ventilator support and are returning home or to work. This program helps individuals with long-term COVID-19 symptoms or long-term neurological effects.
Our combined team expertise provides a holistic and comprehensive approach to care. All members of the team consistently address physical and cognitive challenges to improve self-care and return to functional independence.
Our goal with this program is to provide support allowing individuals to:
- Return to prior level of function and independent living.
- Increase strength, physical ability, and endurance.
- Decrease respiratory symptoms and complications.
- Increase confidence and improve emotional well-being.
- Increase energy levels.
- Understand oxygen use and medications.
- Decrease dependence on supplemental oxygen.
- Decrease depression and feelings of hopelessness.
- Increase quality of life.
- Increase self-management and self-efficacy skills.
- Improve breathing techniques through retraining.
- Improve areas of cognition.
- Reduce hospitalization and re-admission risk.
If individuals have experienced one or several of the
following related to a critical illness, they may be eligible for the Post-COVID Recovery Program.
- Hospitalization and ventilator supported stay
- Guillain-Barre symptoms
- Cognitive decline
- Compromised respiratory function
- Neuromuscular changes
- Nerve Injury
- Decreased functional capacity
- Significant weakness
- Dependence on caregiver