There are many conditions for which rehab can improve functionality and quality of life.
The experienced team at Rehab Without Walls® is trained to work with patients who have been diagnosed with a wide variety of complex neurologic conditions, including:
- Progressive neurologic diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis
- Neuromuscular disorders such as muscular dystrophy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease) and Guillain-Barre
- Post-concussive syndrome
- Toxic exposure such as toxic leukoencephalopathy
- Brain and central nervous system tumors
- Brain infections
- Angelman syndrome
- Cerebral palsy
- Down syndrome
- Prader Willi syndrome
To find out whether we offer rehab for a specific neurological issue, please contact us.
Our approach to treating neurological conditions
Regardless of diagnosis, our goal is to help patients who have neurological conditions live as fully and independently as possible. For example, Rehab Without Walls helps patients with neurological conditions:
- Maintain or improve mobility as much as possible
- Relearn fine motor skills
- Participate in exercises appropriate to their diagnosis
- Develop strategies to make daily life safer and easier
- Learn how to use adaptive equipment, assistive technologies
- Properly use medications and devices (such as infusions and implantable pumps)
- Manage the emotional challenges of their diagnosis
Like with all of our rehab programs, we work with the patient and family to set functional and personal treatment goals. We then create a customized rehab program around those goals. We also provide supportive services, connecting patients and families with support services in the community.
Where we provide rehab for other neurological conditions
Because each patient has unique needs, we offer a range of care settings including:
- Outpatient neuro rehab (adults and children) – In selected locations, we offer both individual and group sessions in fully equipped rehabilitation centers. Learn more about outpatient neuro rehab.
- Residential neuro rehab (adults) – Our residences combine intensive therapy (as much as seven days a week) with 24-hour supervised living in a home-like setting. More about residential rehab.
- Home and community neuro rehab (adults and children) – Services are provided in the patient’s own environment. More about home and community rehab.