At Rehab Without Walls, we believe occupational therapy is an essential part of your recovery.
Occupational therapy assists individuals across their lifespan to participate in the activities they want and need to complete through the therapeutic use of daily activities, also known as occupations. Our occupational therapy practitioners utilize a holistic approach where the focus is on adapting the environment and/or task for each client. In all our settings, the client, family, and care team are an integral part of the plan. The holistic approach utilized by our occupational therapy practitioners enables clients of all ages to live life to the fullest along with promoting health.
Occupational therapy services typically include:
- An individualized evaluation, during which the client and/or family along with the occupational therapist determine the client’s goals
- Self-care training – eating, bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Development of adaptive strategies for daily activities
- Customized interventions to improve the client’s ability to perform daily activities and reach the goals established
- An outcomes evaluation to ensure that the client’s goals are being met and/or to modify the intervention plan to better facilitate recovery or independence
At RWW we strive to individualize our therapies with a primary goal of increased or complete return to independence.