Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy Telehealth for Patients
Starting March 31, Rehab Without Walls will be expanding our offering to implement our COVID-19 Emergency Telehealth Response Plan which connects our Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech Therapists to current and new patients via WebEx or Doxy.me. Patients can call our centers directly or 844-243-4998 to request a confidential telehealth appointment.
Our teams are ready to assist expediting care to those whom need it. Please note there are some telehealth restrictions regarding specific insurance plans and Medicare requirements. These issues will be discussed with patients prior to the Telehealth visit. We hope that you and your family are staying safe during this difficult timeframe.
Building a bridge from community to clinic.
Rehab Without Walls neuro rehab has specially equipped outpatient clinics in six states. Outpatient therapy is often a great fit for children and adults who have ongoing neurological and complex orthopedic conditions, as well as patients who need additional therapy after treatment in a more intensive setting.
Rehab Without Walls NeuroSolutions provides specialized, interdisciplinary and outcome-based care, through outpatient neuro therapy in both one-on-one sessions and group settings. Our physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists work to achieve the best results for each patient. We create an intensive, customized therapy plan that addresses unique medical, physical, cognitive, psychosocial, behavioral, vocational, educational and recreational needs.
Our skilled team of PT, OT, SLP’s specializes in neuro therapy with extensive experience serving survivors of brain injury and other neurological injuries and deficits. Together, we work collaboratively to provide seamless therapy solutions for our patients. Our outpatient clinics are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and open gyms, where patients can practice everyday living skills.
Rehab Without Walls features
- Comprehensive neurologic and complex orthopedic outpatient rehabilitation program
- Discipline-specific, skilled physical, occupational, speech, and cognitive therapy services
- Additional services including vestibular rehab, body weight-supported gait and balance training, vision therapy and more
- Treatment plans tailored to patient needs, using evidence-based techniques, focused on functional independence
- A range of neurological diagnoses treated including, but not limited to, traumatic brain injury, Stroke, brain tumors, Anoxia, Muscular Dystrophies, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, peripheral neuropathies, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, complex orthopedic injuries, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease and other neurological disorders
When is outpatient neuro therapy the right fit?
Outpatient neuro therapy is best suited for patients who:
- Need a structured clinic-based environment to stay active and engaged in therapy
- Need specialized equipment for pain management, muscle strengthening, balance and gait training
- Would benefit from the dynamics of group therapy/education – for instance, by socializing with and being motivated by other patients facing similar challenges
- Have parents or caregivers that need occasional breaks so they can keep up with work or other responsibilities
Our outpatient neuro therapy programs are covered by most insurance and workers’ compensation plans. Medicare also covers outpatient services. More about insurance.
Our innovative approach to outpatient neuro therapy goes beyond functional capacities. We also strive to improve overall quality of life – whether that means helping a child who has autism deal with challenges at school or helping an adult who’s had a stroke learn how to cook with adaptive compensatory techniques.
To achieve the best results for each patient, we create an intensive, customized therapy plan that addresses the unique medical, physical, cognitive, psychosocial, behavioral, vocational, educational and recreational needs of the patient.
Our outpatient neuro therapy centers have open therapy gyms and private spaces where patients take part in:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech-language therapy
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Therapeutic recreation
- Community reintegration
The care-team members for an outpatient neuro therapy patient may include a physician and a clinical coordinator. If there is a clinical coordinator on the team, he or she will ensure that there are no gaps or overlaps in services, facilitate communication and lead frequent team meetings with therapists, patients and families to review and update the plan of care.
Other care team members for an outpatient neuro therapy patient may include:
- Recreational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Registered nurses
- Social workers/counselors
- Admission coordinator
- Case manager
- Clinical coordinator
A team approach
“What we try to do is create a collaborative and comprehensive approach to treatment – to try to treat the individual as a whole.”
– Hunter Hendrickson, Clinical Director, PEDS