We’re here to help you advocate for your client.
Case managers play a crucial role in the recovery process for patients who have a complex brain injury, spinal cord injury, or neurological condition. They are also a key partner for the Rehab Without Walls® NeuroSolutions team.
How we collaborate with case managers
Even if your client has multiple therapists from different disciplines, you have just one point person to communicate with at Rehab Without Walls NeuroSolutions: the clinical coordinator on the case.
The clinical coordinator will work with you in many ways:
- Understand all aspects of the patient’s health – This includes physical abilities, cognitive and emotional functions, ability to live independently and ability to engage in work and social activities.
- Develop and evolve the rehab plan – While our therapies are grounded in science, we also get creative. We’ll talk to you about the patient’s lifestyle and goals so we can blend real life into the therapy program. For instance, if a patient enjoys fishing and he needs to rebuild fine motor skills, our therapist might work with him to spool the reel of a fishing pole. As the patient recovers, we’ll continue to work with you to determine how the plan should evolve.
- Ensure safety for the patient – Especially as the patient steps down from inpatient to outpatient/at-home rehab, it’s important for us to know about the home environment and how we can ensure safety during and outside of therapy sessions.
- Communicate with all care team members – As the patient’s rehab progresses, we give regular updates for you to share with other care team members such as physicians and psychologists.
- Maximize benefits – We will work with you to understand the patient’s coverage and how to achieve the best therapy results while minimizing cost for both the patient and the payer. More about insurance and workers’ comp
- Identify resources – As we work with patients, we work with case managers to identify potential opportunities for the patient to access services in the community.
- Support caregivers and family members – Case managers provide a great deal of support to family members and other caregivers, and we’re here to help.
“I truly appreciate the way Rehab Without Walls communicates. In addition to providing regular telephonic updates, they hold monthly teleconferences that include the clinical team members, the patient and the patient’s family. This is vital to good case management because we can assess what is working or make appropriate adjustments to the patient’s plan of care as needed.”