Cognitive treatment areas of intervention include the following:
- Direct Attention Training
- Vision and Visuospatial assessment and treatment
- Problem solving and Executive function treatment
- Comprehension/ Auditory Processing interventions
- Reinforcement of Meta Cognitive Strategies including feedback, self monitoring and use of strategies.
These therapy interventions are appropriate for anyone having suffered a Brain injury (TBI,meningitis , encephalitis. aneurysm, Anoxia/ hypoxia ) or a stroke. In addition they are appropriate for Progressive Neuro degenerative diseases including Parkinson’s Disease, MS and Dementia. Individuals experiencing Mild Cognitive Impairment of unknown etiology would benefit from Cognitive Therapy as well.